This is a compilation of helpful and useful resources for anyone thinking of moving to Canada or already in Canada.
More links will be added as I research and receive more information.
Recommended Resources for Immigrating, Settling, and Working in Canada
- Federal Self Employed Stream (SE)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) aka Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Immigration Quebec
- IELTS Practice Exams
Temporary Accommodation in Canada
Housing Information For Newcomers
Working in Canada
Settling in Canada
Banking – Chequing & Savings Accounts
- Tangerine – no monthly or annual fees and no minimum balance
- Neo Money Account – up to 2.25%* interest plus a $5 sign-up bonus
- Alterna Bank No Fee Chqueing Account
- Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account
Banking – Credit Cards
Global Money Transfers
- Get $50 after your first transfer with CIBC Global Money Transfer service. Available to transfer money to over 100 countries at $0 transfer fees.
Abi has lived and worked abroad for over 13 years. She loves traveling, reading, and writing. She is a big believer in following your dreams and has been marching to the beat of her unconventional drums for a long time. She funds her adventures by making smart financial decisions and investing wisely. Her top personal finance tools include trading with Questrade, investing change on MOKA, and no-fee banking with Tangerine and Neo Financial. Learn more about Abi HERE.