This is a compilation of helpful and useful resources for anyone thinking of moving to Canada or already in Canada.
More links will be added as I research and receive more information.
Recommended Resources for Immigrating, Settling, and Working in Canada
- Federal Self Employed Stream (SE)
- Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSW) aka Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program
- Immigration Quebec
- IELTS Practice Exams
Temporary Accommodation in Canada
Housing Information For Newcomers
Working in Canada
Settling in Canada
- Service Canada
- Settlement.org (If you’re moving to Ontario)
Banking – Chequing & Savings Accounts
- Tangerine – no monthly or annual fees and no minimum balance
- Neo Money Account – up to 2.25%* interest plus a $5 sign-up bonus
- Alterna Bank No Fee Chqueing Account
- Simplii Financial No Fee Chequing Account
Banking – Credit Cards
- Tangerine Money-Back Credit Cards – no annual fees
- Neo Card – no annual fees
- National Bank of Canada World Elite + 70,000 reward points (Expires June 30). To take advantage of the welcome offer, you must not currently hold a personal National Bank Mastercard credit card or have held one in the last 24 months
Abi has lived and worked abroad for over 13 years. She loves traveling, reading, and writing. She is a big believer in following your dreams and has been marching to the beat of her unconventional drums for a long time. She funds her adventures by making smart financial decisions and investing wisely. Her top personal finance tools include Questrade, investing change on MOKA, and no-fee banking with Tangerine and Neo Financial. Learn more about Abi HERE.